Helping You Get One Step Closer to Retirement
How confident are you about having a comfortable retirement? If you are a little worried, you’re not alone. According to a 2014 report by the Employee Benefits Research Institute, 36% of respondents were “not very confident” or “not confident at all” about having a comfortable retirement. What’s more, 28% of the population hasn’t gotten started or doesn’t know when they’ll begin saving for retirement.
Are You Prepared?
The news is alarming. An article published in CNBC in 2018 notes that about 65% of Americans have little to nothing in terms of savings. It points out a painful conclusion: Many of these individuals will struggle in their retirement years. Here are more details from that article:
- About 20% of Americans do not save any of their annual income.
- Among those who do save, 25% are able to save only 6% – 10% of their income.
- A substantial 21% only saves 5% or less.
- Only about 16% of the population is able to save more than 15% of what they earn.
- More than 40% of Americans have less than $10,000 saved for retirement.
It’s not supposed to be this way. Ideally, your retirement years make up a period in your life when you can start to take it easy. It’s a time to rediscover your interests and get involved in what you enjoy doing most. For some people, it’s a time to enjoy grandchildren and take fun trips and vacations.
None of this is possible, however, with financial insecurity. This is why retirement planning is so important. Planning is needed to make sure you will have the funds that you need when you retire. Social security is not enough! You will need additional finances to meet your expenses once your steady paycheck ends and your retirement begins.
We Can Help
Comfort Insurance & Finances is here to assist you with retirement planning so that, when the time comes, you’ll have enough financial backing to meet your expenses and enjoy this important period of time on YOUR terms.
Our professional retirement and financial planning help can assist you with the following:
- Reduce your expenses so you have more money available for savings.
- Get you started on a retirement savings account.
- Consolidate and reduce your debt burden.
- Develop a plan to save money consistently towards retirement.
- Explore your investment options for faster income growth.
- Determine how much you’ll need for a comfortable retirement.
- Show you steps you can take now for an early retirement.
- Help you pinpoint your life goals and develop a financial strategy that’s doable!
We can assist you with private retirement plans regardless of your income. To get started on your retirement planning and learn what you can do for a comfortable retirement or even an early retirement, contact Comfort Insurance & Finances today!
Fill out our convenient form to get started today!